You’ve been loading your plate with more and more To Do’s and finishing work at “stupid-o-clock” for a while now, leaving you little time or mental bandwidth to figure out how to grow your business or create your freedom lifestyle.
The 101 business ideas (and the resulting confusion!) each day have resulted in missed fitness classes, writing out never-ending To Do lists, another chocolate-wine-Netflix-frenzy, and long walks to try and unbox your brain of the endless chatter and uncertainty.
Attaining the life and business you dream about looks more like an uphill climb in the Outer Hebrides, than a passion project.
Self-doubt can show up in many forms and wreck havoc with your dreams. It’s your job to work on your mindset. You can’t create a life you love when your mindset is off radar.
Here’s what happened: You made your business your priority, yet deep down you know you’re sabotaging your full potential for happiness.
Like many others building a business, desperately avoiding having to go back to their salaried lives, you worry about paying bills and maintaining your status. But instead of facing the uncertainty these challenges bring, fear keeps you routed to the spot, doing the same things over and over in your business that are not producing the results you desire.
You’re scared you’ll fail, and you’re scared you’ll succeed (yes, really) and feel like an imposter either way.
So? You you coast along with what you know, wearing all the hats, even though it’s the bane of your life.
Or you blame others.
It’s not your fault your business hasn’t reached the dizzying heights of success yet, because…(insert external factor).
Well, the truth is, you’ve told yourself lies over and over again. And now? You believe them.
Excuse me while I get a bit tough with you here, but…
The only thing that’s holding you back from building a successful business, is you!
And while that might sound rather grim, it’s actually pretty good news.
Because it means you can change.
You’ve gotta take stock of where you are if you want to make your dreams happen.
You need to get so clear on your vision, because having a strong vision for your dreams will pull you forward.
So, if you want to attain your dreams and gain the clarity you need to start taking inspired action, then take out a journal and brainstorm your answers to the following four questions. Really dig deep.
- What business dreams do you have?
- What do your dreams really mean to you?
- How would they change your life?
- What are you prepared to do to make them happen?
Have your answers? Great.
So why do you think that up until now, you’ve been telling yourself you want X, but doing Y? Why have you been depriving yourself of the happiness and fulfillment you could have, if only you took action?
I’ll tell you why: Self doubt.
Luckily, self doubt isn’t a ‘forever’ diagnosis. Below, I’ve created a list of five (easy) action steps you can take to finally rise above your doubts.
1) zone into your dreams – create a vision board (on Pinterest or a self-made one on your notice board), write out your business ideas and goals (try this handy goal journal), and read magazines and books on related topics
2) create your superpower persona – write a list of all your positive attributes/ strengths/ passions into a journal and ask yourself how each could tie into your business offerings
3) use positive affirmations – notice negative self-talk about achieving your business dreams and turn each one into a positive affirmation – I love these Power Thought Cards by Louise Hay
4) assess your current signature business offerings – how do you really feel about them? Do you feel passionate about them? Do they motivate you? If you’re looking to spice up your signature offerings, take a look at what your competitors are doing. How can you differentiate from them? What’s your special sauce that will help you to stand apart from them? (look back at your super powers established in step 2)
And above all, 5) remember that growing a business is a voyage of discovery, asking yourself smart questions, and taking some calculated risks. What questions do you need to most ask of yourself now? Do some soul searching and tap into them. What would you most like to do in your business, if you could be sure you wouldn’t fail?
Completing these questions will help you to tap back into your passions and purpose.
Go in search of your treasure. And what better way to start than by reading The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho. The book that transformed my own life, and inspired me to follow my dreams.
Once you’ve got clarity from these questions and steps, it will help you to stop focusing on the fears and doubts which have had you delaying and procrastinating, and instead you’ll have created a space for inspiration within your heart and mind. From this space, you’ll be ready to take the “inspired action” which feels authentic and connected to your dreams.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission if you decide to purchase the item. Rest assured that I only promote products and services which I love and have used myself!